I thought it was important to address the current situation that the world finds itself in due to COVID-19. I want to validate any anxiety or worry you may have about the current situation and what it means for your health, the health of your family, and your financial situation. It is normal when things are uncertain to feel a degree of anxiety. If you feel your anxiety is getting in the way of you being able to go about your daily tasks, please go to yours GP and seek a referral to see a psychologist. If you are a client of mine and you want to talk during a session about any worries you have regarding the virus, please feel free to bring it up.
INFORMATION FOR PEAK PSYCHOLOGY CLIENTS
As a health service, it is important that I continue to operate as long as possible, and hopefully without too much disruption. I also want to keep myself and my family, and you and your family healthy. To be able to do this, we all need to work together thoughtfully and proactively to ensure that we are not contributing to the spread of the virus.
Important information for you:
– I will cancel appointments if I am feeling unwell; I am taking steps towards social distancing to reduce the likelihood that I will pick up the virus.
– I will be taking additional measures in regard to hygiene and cleanliness around the office – removing unnecessary items (like the cushions as they will be harder for us to keep sanitized, sorry for the discomfort!) and thoroughly cleaning surfaces after each client. This may mean your session finishes a few minutes early to allow me to keep on time and clean the room. The room will also look a little different as I will endeavour to maintain the recommended 1.5m distance as best as possible.
– Please do not attend your appointments if you are feeling unwell, or anyone in your household is unwell. Please do not attend if you have been overseas or in close contact with anyone who has been overseas recently. Cancellation fees will be waived for the next couple of weeks (but please try to give us as much notice as possible, as there are still other people waiting for appointments). Please do not attend if you have any of the following symptoms:
o Any shortness of breath
o Sore throat
o Cold, fever or flu-like symptoms
– Please only bring necessary people to the practice (try to leave anyone who is not required for the appointment at home).
– Please do not arrive early for your appointments, as we want to reduce time spent sitting in the waiting room with others. If you are early, please wait in your car, or on the front porch until your appointment time.
– Please practice good respiratory and hand hygiene with lots of hand washing. I ASK THAT YOU PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS in the bathroom next door to my room, prior to entering. I will have hand sanitizer available and tissues to cough/sneeze in to.
OPTIONS FOR CLIENTS
– For Medicare participants, there have been some additional Medicare items made available for people who are unable to attend appointments to allow you to have these appointments over the phone as well. HOWEVER, there is a reasonably strict criteria for these appointments, so not everyone will be eligible. To be eligible, you have to have tested positive to COVID-19, been required to self-isolate in accordance with government regulations, or be considered vulnerable (over 70, over 50 and identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, pregnant, have a child at home under 12 months old, or being treated for a chronic health condition).
– Medicare participants, if you do not meet the criteria, you are still welcome to request for your session to take place over the phone or Zoom (video conferencing platform), however there will NOT be a rebate available for these sessions (therefore they will also not count towards your 10 Medicare rebates/calendar year) but I will offer a discount for these sessions, from $120 to $80.
Please contact me if you have any questions about any of the above.
Keep safe, and there’s no need to panic!
P.S. Some further information can be found here.